Hello! I’m Adriana, a therapist, social justice advocate, and authentic living specialist.
I love helping people lead authentic lives.
Many of the individuals who come to see me are dealing with pretty intense anxiety or depression, struggles around their body image and gender expression, or feeling like they have to hide parts of themselves from others because of their gender or sexuality.
I work with amazing people who shy away from sharing themselves with others and keep parts of themselves hidden because they have been hurt in the past. People who are afraid of how others (and the world in general) will view them if those others knew who they really were.
How I help:
I empower individuals as they move through the healing process toward expressing themselves in genuine, authentic ways. I help them believe in themselves and embrace confidence and self-assertion so they can take back their lives.
Part of what guided me to become a therapist are the challenging life experiences I’ve experienced in my own life. Things like depression and anxiety, pains and hurts, amazing highs and overwhelming lows, relationships and parenthood have all changed me for the better. I’ve seen my own life change and transform into something I now enjoy and flourish in. I can honestly say I love my life.
I want you to love your life too. I want you to see that there is a path to an amazing life you will love. It can be hard to envision if you’re currently struggling and not where you want your life to be. I know, I’ve been there.
Whether you want to fine tune some things in your life or would like to make some major changes, I’m here for you.
Create change in your own life.
I believe you can create change in the world with one small action. It's the same for your life; it just takes one small shift/step/breath to change your life. That’s why I hope you will take a step toward your own healing journey today. You are worth it.
Gender Pronouns: she, her, hers
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, LMFT#46651, granted by State of California Board of Behavioral Sciences on 12/2008, valid through 6/30/20. To verify this license, or another therapist's license, click here.
- Master of Arts in Psychology (Counseling Psychology), California State University, Sacramento, 2004
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, University of California, Davis, 2000
Related Current Clinical Experience:
- Clinical Supervisor at Gender Health Center
- Executive Board Member, Sacramento Valley Chapter – CAMFT
- Community Assistance and Resource Effort (CARE) Task Force Member, Sacramento Valley Chapter - CAMFT
Professional Association Memberships:
- California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT) clinical member since 2005
- Sacramento Valley Chapter - CAMFT clinical member since 2010
- World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH) clinical member since 2016
Specialized Trainings / Conferences Attended:
- Gender Spectrum Conference (2016)
- No Time To Lose, LGBT Youth Intensive (2014, 2016)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) Clinician (2014)
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavior Therapy (TF-CBT) (2013)
- Clinical Supervisor (2011)